Murphy's laws are a series of laws that that derive from the original Murphy's law : "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".
The law and it's derivatives are believed to apply to all aspects of life. There are murphy's laws about computers, science, work, theater etc.. Read below the best of them.
The top 20 of all the Murphy's laws. They all derive from the original law of Murphy:
0. Everything that can go wrong will.
In no particular order, here are the top 20 most important laws of Murphy:
1 - Almost anything is easier to get into than out of.
2 - Anybody can win -- unless there happens to be a second entry.
3 - No matter which direction you start it's always against the wind coming
back.(No matter which way you ride, it's uphill and against the wind.)
4 - Any order that can be misunderstood has been misunderstood.
Pessimistic and funny Murphy's laws on love :
- All the good ones are taken.
- If the person isn't taken, there's a reason.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Nothing improves with age.
- Sex takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble.
- It is always the wrong time of month.
- It's always easier to get a partner if you already have one.
- If you're having difficulties choosing between potential two girls, you'll always pick the wrong one.
- If you love her/him, s/he doesn't love you
- If you are in love, he/she isn't
Murphy's computer laws are based on experience and observations. They all derive from the original Murphys's law "everything that can go wrong will go wrong".
- Constants aren't
- If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
- If a program is useless, it will have to be documented.
- Every non trivial program has at least one bug
- Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later.
- A patch is a piece of software which replaces old bugs with new bugs.
- Failure is not an option, it's included with the software.
The Murphy's laws about work :
- The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.
- Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
- Everything can be filed under "miscellaneous."
- To spot the expert, pick the one who predicts the job will take the longest and cost the most.
- Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing.
- Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
- Important letters that contain no errors will develop errors in the mail.